Skip to main content

Onyx Contact Force Reinforcements: Umbra Legate and Umbra Samaritan

Hey all,

get ready for the arrival of the reinforcements for the Combined Army: The Umbra! One of the most dangerous, murderous races in the entire universal warriorhood. Mysterious martial artists from an unidentified planet, the Umbra have been the scourge of the cosmos for ages. Subjugated, dominated or seduced by the EI, they have become its field assistants, a conduit through which the Evolved Intelligence makes its wishes known. They serve as the EI’s heralds, enforcers, mediators, lieutenants, judges, executioners and right-hand men. Brought forth by the darkness, these cruel entities hold a fearsome power that the EI harnesses to inflict the worst punishments and lead mass destruction operations as their wrath seethes unmeasurably.



Regarding the painting scheme, I tried to fit the Umbra to the rest of my Infinity Combined Army forces but still stand out with a unique color conception. Therefore I went for a lot of reds which harmonize well with the army color scheme of greens and black. Also, I really like the Umbra studio paintjob by Angel Giradez, as the pale skin perfectly fit the vampiric abilities of the Umbra. So I did the same.














“Pray. Pray hard. Pray that your god will help you. If you don’t have a god, make one up now. No one else is coming to save you, now that the Umbra are on their way. And they’ve already chosen you as their prey, so they’re coming at you with everything they’ve got. You have no way to stop what’s going to happen.”
Excerpt from debriefing of prisoner Roob Paavan, Maakrep Unit. Forward post on the Northern Front. Norstralia. Paradiso.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 10 miniature painting artists!

In this article, I would like to share with you, my 10 favorite miniature painters. Since ages, I am following the work of various amazing artists all over the world and draw so much inspiration from them! It is a beauty how the painting community grows together through the internet and everybody has the chance to look over the shoulders of those incredibly talented individuals.

Starting a Tyranid army: Colorscheme

I've been a miniature hobbyist for over 10 years and have played a lot of different games (Warhammer Fantasy, Infinity, Frostgrave, Malifaux, Kings of War, etc.) but still hunger for more. In my gaming group, my friends convinced me to take a look at the Warhammer 40k lore. After reading a dozen books (Horus Heresy!) and pretty much got sucked into the crazy 40k lore, I decided to get into Warhammer 40.000.  As for my first 40k army choice, I was torn between the Childs of Slaanesh and Tyranids. Really love both design and lore of these 2 armies. Finally, I went with Tyranids because they are easy to paint and I wanted to get more into the lore before heavily converting some Slaanesh forces. Also, there are some stunning non-GW Tyranid designs out there (check out this Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/artbyhalfpint/ ) and I was very curious how these models would turn out. To say it upfront: These 3D printed resin miniatures have some amazing details and very high quali

The Sylvaneth of the Cherry Blossom Grove

  The Sylvaneth of the Cherry Blossom Grove is marching to war. I recently finished 3 trees (Treeman Ancient, ordinary Treeman, and the Spirit of Durthu) for the army and now the force is nearly finished. The foundation of the Cherry Blossom Grove lies in the Old Days of Warhammer where the majority of the army consisted of Wood Elves ( Link to an old blog article from 2014 ). Since then a lot of new miniatures have been painted and added to the army and I still plan to extend the Cherry Blossom Grove further in the next couple of months and years. Painting Alarielle of course and some more Kurnoth Hunters and even thinking about a Living City detachment of the Cities of Sigmar battletome. The Sylvaneth treemen of the Cherry Blossom Grove: I converted them a little bit by extending their legs for 1-2 inches to make them taller and put some branches of the old Citadel Forest on their shoulders and backs to make them bigger. Close-Up of the Spirit of Durthu: Close-Up of the Treeman Ancie